Sunday, November 6, 2011

About me and my family october 1774

File:Congress voting independence.jpg    My name is Anna Bell Jacobs.I am keeping this blog to keep account of what happens to my family and I during this time.I am twenty seven years old,and married to a man by the name of John Matthew Jacobs.We live in the colony of Delaware,and have three young children by th names of Matthew age 5, Mark age 8, and John age 10.We are a very poor family that takes the view point of  patriots.It is currently October of 1774,the first Continintal Congress met a couple of weeks ago to discuss how to handle the closing of the Boston Harbor.
   The delegates decided that everyone should continue to boycott Brittish goods,but told the colonial militias to prepare for war.While this was happening they drafted the Declaration of Rights, a list of 10 resolutions that was going to be shown to  King George the Third.The Continintal Congress decided that if the king refused their petition they would meet again in 1775.My husband is part of the colonies malitia,therefore I know that fighting is drawing near.I can not stand this much longer but I must. I fear that when my husband goes off to fight that he will not return, and I will be left alone to care for myself and the children.This is all I know at the moment. My husband and I are quite frightend but we must not let the children know.


"Revolutionary War." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation Inc. Web. 17 Nov. 2011. http://www.wikipedia.com/.

Deverell, William, and Deborah Gray. White. United States History: Beginnings to 1877. Orlando, FL: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 2007. Print.

all pictures are cited by wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment